Leander lies on the northeast edge of Texas’ Hill Country, roughly ten miles due west of Interstate 35 on US 183, just north of Austin TX. Since 2000, the community has grown from 7,600 residents to more than 30,000 in 2010. This makes Leander the 37th fastest growing City in the United States (US Census Bureau, 2009).
Leander TX offers Texas Hill Country living near the Austin metropolitan area. Scenic landscapes, abundant wildlife and waterways are common sights enjoyed by Leander residents and visitors.
Quality of life is very good in Leander and one of the many reasons people relocate here.
- Recently awarded the 8th safest city in Texas, Leander is the highest ranked city for safety in the Austin Metro area.
- Access to the Hill Country and proximity to Austin creates many opportunities for artistic, entertainment and recreational pursuits.
- The Leander Independent School District, the tenth fastest growing district in the U.S., has an excellent academic reputation.
- The University of Texas and Austin Community College are the two largest (out of seven) institutions of higher education in the region.
- Leander is also served by a growing number of medical centers including Cedar Park Regional Hospital, St. David’s Round Rock, Georgetown Medical Centers, North Austin Medical Center and Scott & White.
Location, climate, population, strong government and economic development, excellent schools, transportation and low taxes, combined with sincere Texas hospitality, all contribute to the popularity Leander continues to enjoy in both residential and commercial growth.